Many IBOs have invested in developing and promoting their own brand by using a distinctive name. While they may put this personal stamp on their business, every IBO is contractually obligated to be explicitly clear about how his or her business is connected to Amway.
Let’s set the record straight with 12 fast facts about our business:
- Amway is a business that takes effort and time to get going. It’s not a “get rich quick scheme”.
- Most IBOs work their Amway™ businesses part-time. Over time and with unwavering dedication, some IBOs grow their businesses into a full-time income.
- The Amway™ business is accessible to everyone but not right for everyone.
- IBOs only make money when they sell Amway™ products, not by sponsoring people who then sponsor more people and sell nothing. THAT is a scam.
- Since 1959, Amway has paid out more bonuses and cash incentives to its distributors worldwide than any other direct selling company in history.*
- Amway is the #1 direct selling company in the world, with 2018 global sales of $8.8 billion.
- If you start an Amway™ business, how much money you make depends on your effort.
- If our IBOs don’t succeed, Amway doesn’t succeed. We support them with free training through Amway Education, a robust online curriculum of more than 80 virtual courses and activities.
- We operate in more than 100 countries and territories worldwide. Our IBOs have no restrictions on where they can sell products, so long as Amway operates in that country or market.
- Our IBOs have no quotas or purchase requirements, but make no mistake: They only make money when they sell Amway™ products.
- While most IBOs have a positive experience with Amway, owning your own business isn’t right for everyone. That’s why we offer a 90-day refund on their registration fee (which is less than $100). Incidentally, sponsoring Amway Business Owners receive no part of the registration fee.
- Every product our IBOs sell is backed by the Amway Promise™ 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. If you don’t like it, we will happily refund your money.
*Euromonitor International Limited, www.euromonitor.com/amway-claims.
No, Amway is not a pyramid scheme. Unfortunately, a lack of understanding and misperceptions, especially on social media and forums such as Reddit®†, can incorrectly put this label on direct selling or multi-level marketing companies, like Amway.
It’s important to be alert to the difference between a multi-level marketing (MLM) opportunity and an illegal pyramid scheme. Amway is one of the oldest multi-level marketing — also known as direct selling — companies in an industry that spans the globe. Direct selling is a business plan recognized and protected under law. In a 1979 landmark ruling, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) found in Amway’s favor, setting the standard for legitimate multi-level marketing businesses.
Can you make money with Amway? Amway has grown into the No. 1 direct selling company* in the world by offering people a way to start their own business and earn additional income by selling exclusive products. Whether you are looking for high-quality products or a chance to start a business, Amway has been a credible option for 60 years.
With a low startup cost and a 100% satisfaction guarantee† on all Amway™ products, the possibilities are great. There are no purchase requirements. Amway is committed to quality and innovation, so its portfolio of more than 350 products is specially designed to meet individual needs for nutritional support, beauty, personal care and home care.
Commitment to people is a cornerstone of this American business. The company’s success is dependent on the success of Amway Independent Business Owners (IBOs) and the confidence people have in its products. That’s why the Amway global R&D team for years has partnered with leading universities and institutes to create some of the most innovative products on the planet. From organic farming to high-tech manufacturing, quality is always at the forefront.
Millions of Amway IBOs carry on the legacy of this family-owned company and, as a result, have created their own success stories.
* Direct Selling News, 4/7/2020.
† Exclusions and additional fees may apply. For complete details, visit www.amway.com and search Satisfaction Guarantee.
†Reddit® is a registered trademark of Reddit, Inc.
Whether you are looking for high-quality products or a business, Amway has been a credible option for 60 years. Amway has grown into the #1 direct selling company* in the world by offering people a way to start their own business and earn additional income by selling exclusive products.
How do we know so much about starting a business? Amway was founded by two entrepreneurs who started numerous business ventures of their own and saw the importance of helping others do the same. Millions of Amway Independent Business Owners (IBOs) carry on the legacy of this family-owned company.
With a low startup cost and a 100% satisfaction guarantee† on all Amway™ products, the possibilities are great. There are no purchase requirements. Amway is committed to quality and innovation, so our portfolio of more than 350 products are specially designed to meet individual needs for nutritional support, beauty, personal care and home care.
Our commitment to people is a fundamental part of the business. Our success is dependent on the success of Amway IBOs and the confidence people have in our products. That’s why our company’s global R & D team for years has partnered with leading universities and institutes to create some of the most innovative products on the planet. From organic farming to high-tech manufacturing, we take quality seriously.
The Amway opportunity is a low-cost independent business supported with the resources of a global corporation. Optional training and digital tools help empower you to run your business wherever you want. We’ve designed it with flexibility and freedom in mind. While you’re building your business how you want, you’re not alone.
There’s a network of millions of IBOs around the globe to brainstorm ideas and celebrate together. We know you’re busy, so we make it easier to get started and keep going.
Launched in 1959, Amway is one of the oldest and most successful multi-level marketing (MLM) businesses – also known as direct sales – in the world. Direct selling is a business plan recognized under law. There are 6.8 million people involved in direct selling in a market made up of nearly 40 million customers. According to the U.S. Direct Selling Association, this industry contributed an estimated $35.2 billion in retail sales to the nation’s economy in 2019.
Amway offers more than 350 high-quality nutrition, beauty and home products that support health and well-being. The company holds more than 700 global patents and patents pending for products, a natural result of the company’s focus on innovation and rigorous testing processes. This deep commitment to product quality, effectiveness and safety along with a 100% satisfaction guarantee† are what set Amway apart from the competition.
Amway™ products can only be purchased through Amway Independent Business Owners (IBOs) to ensure quality customer demands are being met. The Amway direct selling business is built on the personal customer service and thoughtful product recommendations from an IBO who knows the products and their benefits.
Amway appeals to those who want to own their own business while having the support and expertise of a global organization behind them. Amway IBOs make money when their customers buy Amway™ products and when others on their team sell products. The company’s technology tools can help you reach your goals.
Ultimately, what you accomplish depends on the effort and time you put into your business. Amway grew into the #1 direct sales company* in the world by offering an opportunity to people around the globe to reach their goals. Over the past six decades, Amway has paid out nearly $58 billion** in bonuses and incentives to its distributors worldwide.
† Exclusions and additional fees may apply. For complete details, visit www.amway.ca and search Satisfaction Guarantee
* Direct Selling News, 4/7/2020
** Euromonitor International Limited, www.euromonitor.com/amway-claims
By selecting cancel, the new IBO must complete the rest of the registration process, including payment. You will not be able to return to the payment option.
The new IBO will receive an email with a link to complete the process