Amway also doesn’t do much advertising and promotion. Instead, we invest more in R&D, supply chain and supporting our IBOs – if you hear about Amway™ brands and products, it’s usually through an IBO or a friend who uses and likes our products.
Amway is the #1 direct selling company in the world – proof that our high quality products, like our proven business model, meet the needs of our IBOs and their customers and families.
Amway is a person-to-person business. When people buy something new, they often look to their network of family and friends for recommendations. The Internet and social media open up greater opportunities to share their reviews of the products they know with the people they know.
Entrepreneurial-minded people are always looking for new ways to make a little extra money, on their terms and time. Think of Uber®†, Etsy®† and Postmates®† – as direct sellers, our IBOs make money very similarly by selling in person or online through their own Amway™ websites.
†Uber® is a registered trademark of Uber Technologies, Inc.; Etsy® is a registered trademark of Etsy, Inc.; Postmates® is a registered trademark of Postmates, Inc.
These easy, efficient resources put our IBOs on the path to success by teaching them how to set up their virtual offices and providing them with ongoing education, training, product marketing materials, customer service, mobile business management tools and more.
Investing in an Amway business is low-cost and no-risk. You can get started for less than $100 and, if you decide Amway isn’t for you, we will happily refund your money within 90 days of your registration.
Amway offers a range of apps and digital resources for Amway Independent Business Owners to give them the convenience of running their businesses anytime or anywhere from a computer, smartphone or tablet.
- Amway Business Center app helps Independent Business Owners manage their business on the go by letting them check personal and team performance, register new Independent Business Owners or customers as well as view action reports.
- Amway Resource Center App offers a one-stop destination for multimedia materials. With an updated look and easy-to-use navigation, the app is designed to help Independent Business Owners access and share business resources on the go.
- Nutrilite Supplement Recommender can suggest supplements perfectly suited to a person’s needs by taking a quick, simple, and scientifically-supported assessment.
- The Amway Mobile website via any internet-enabled smartphone can quickly and easily register a customer or an Amway Independent Business Owner, check personal and team performance results, access educational resources, and shop. Users can also switch between the full site and mobile site at their convenience.
You can access the Amway home page by following these easy steps.
- Open your web browser.
- Go to the menu bar at the top of the browser.
- Type in Amway.com
- Hit the enter button.
- You’ll be directed to the Amway home page.
When you access the Amway home page, you can discover more about Amway, a global leader in selling products that support a healthy lifestyle. You can also learn about the Amway opportunity and building a personalized business.
Amway is one of the world’s largest direct-selling businesses. The company sells products for nutrition, beauty, personal care and the home. Amway is family owned, financially stable and led by a diverse global management team that supports Amway Independent Business Owners and their goals. Amway is built on principles, people and products that have touched millions of lives around the world.
Amway started in 1959 by friends and founders, Rich DeVos and Jay Van Andel. Rich and Jay were two friends who shared a similar goal and ambition: they wanted to make more out of life for themselves, their families and their friends. In 1959 – after numerous ventures into entrepreneurship – they started a new business together in the basements of their homes in Ada, Michigan. They built Amway on the belief that business ownership improves lives through personal achievement and the opportunity to earn income. Now, the company has become the No. 1 direct selling company in the world*.
*As ranked by 2019 Direct Selling News Global 100, published in the June 2019 edition of Direct Selling News, based on 2018 revenues.
The leadership team at Amway includes Milind Pant, Steve Van Andel and Doug DeVos. This global team is the company’s key executive decision-making body focused on global strategy development and delivering meaningful Amway Independent Business Owner and customer experiences.
- Milind Pant joined Amway in January 2019 as Chief Executive Officer. He is the first non-family member to lead the business since its founding in 1959. He leads the overall management of Amway and is responsible for setting the company’s strategic vision and growth strategies.
- Steve Van Andel is co-chair of the Board of Directors of Amway. He is the eldest son of Amway Co-Founder Jay Van Andel. He has been part of leading a strategic transformation of the company with a focus on growth through digital tools, mobile experiences and product innovations.
- Doug DeVos is co-chair of the Board of Directors of Amway. He is the son of Amway Co-Founder Rich DeVos. He previously served as president of Amway for more than 16 years. His focus on fostering entrepreneurship and providing opportunities for people around the world to start a business of their own helped drive Amway to its leadership position in the industry.
Yes, Amway is still in business and has been for over 60 years. The company was founded in 1959 by Jay Van Andel and Rich DeVos and is based in Ada, Michigan. Amway operates in more than a hundred countries and territories.
- Amway was ranked as the 42nd largest privately held company in the United States by Forbes in 2018, and as the number one largest company on the Direct Selling News Global 100 list in 2018.
- Today, Amway manufactures over 350 products, with manufacturing facilities in China, India and the U.S., as well as Nutrilite™ organic farms in Brazil, Mexico and the U.S.†
- Amway™ brands include Nutrilite™, BodyKey by Nutrilite™, XS™, Truvivity by Nutrilite™, Artistry™, Satinique™, G&H, Glister™, Amway Home™, eSpring™, Atmosphere Sky™ and iCook™.
Amway is a global company with more than 1 million Independent Business Owners operating in 6 continents and more than 100 countries and territories. Amway's presence stretches from South Africa to Thailand and England to Australia. Amway has 750+ physical locations around the world that include experience centers, shops, plazas and distribution centers. Wherever your travels take you, there is probably an Amway experience center or an Amway Independent Business Owner near you! You can see what countries and territories Amway operates here.
Amway has a rich history, dating back to the company’s founding in 1959, in Ada, Michigan, by school friends Jay Van Andel and Rich DeVos. The company has expanded through the years to a multi-billion-dollar enterprise that has brought a business ownership opportunity to millions in more than 100 countries and territories worldwide.
- In 1959, Amway launched its first product, Frisk Liquid Organic Cleaner Concentrate, later named L.O.C. – one of the world’s first biodegradable, concentrated multi-purpose cleaners.
- In 1967, Amway sales reached $50 million as the company expanded and, a year later, debuted the Artistry™ brand.
- 1970s: Amway acquired the Nutrilite™ brand, added eight more international markets and expanded the world headquarters to almost one million square feet.
- 1980s: The Amway Opportunity reached a total of 20 countries through the power of more than one million distributors.
- 1990s: Amway expanded into 33 additional markets around the world. Amway would more than double in size during the decade.
- 2000s: Brought new partnerships, new innovations and new efforts to help Amway achieve its vision of Helping People Live Better Lives.
- 2010 on: Amway continues to impact the lives of people around the world using new communication technologies and social media tools. Strong sales lead to a global manufacturing expansion and new company milestones.
Rather than owning companies, Amway has a broad portfolio made up of a family of brands in nutrition, beauty, personal care and home care designed to support your journey toward a healthier lifestyle. Amway™ brands include:
- Nutrilite™ nutrition products, including vitamins, dietary supplements,
and wellness snacks and beverages
- BodyKey by Nutrilite™ weight-management products
- XS™ Sports Nutrition drink, snack and performance products
- Artistry™ skincare and makeup products
- Satinique™ hair care collection
- eSpring™ Water Purifiers
- Atmosphere Sky™ Air Treatment System
- Amway Home™ environmentally sensitive home-cleaning products
- iCook™ cookware, with its advanced design, and knifeware
There are many good things about Amway. Amway is the trusted source for over 350 exclusive healthy products. They are both award-winning* and independently recognized by leading third party organizations. Amway meets or exceeds regulatory standards in every country where products are sold. And then there’s the opportunity for satisfied customers to become Independent Business Owners (IBOs). Amway offers a low cost opportunity. IBOs make money when their customers buy Amway™ products and when others in their organization sell products. Their sales are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all products.† There are no inventory requirements and Amway also offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee if you decide being in business for yourself isn’t for you.† But the company’s cutting-edge tools and network of business owners can help you rise to reach your goals. Ultimately, what you accomplish depends on the effort and time you put into your business. Amway grew into the #1 direct sales company in the world by partnering with people around the globe. ‡ Over the past six decades, Amway has paid out over $58 billion in income and bonuses.§
* Nutrilite received two Stevie® Awards in 2019. and the EPA’s 2017 Safer Choice Partner of the Year Award.
† Exclusions and additional fees may apply. For complete details, visit www.amway.com and search Satisfaction Guarantee
‡ Amway named the world’s #1 direct selling company by Direct Selling News.
Amway is a trusted source that manufactures and distributes over 350 unique nutrition, beauty, personal care and home products sold exclusively through Amway independent business owners. Amway also provides a low risk opportunity to earn extra money selling those products.
Launched in 1959, Amway has grown into the world’s largest direct selling company.* Amway manufactures and distributes nutrition, beauty, personal care and home products exclusively sold in more than 100 countries through a network of more than 3 million Independent Business Owners (IBOs).
The company is committed to product innovation, which is why it holds more than 1,000 patents and patents pending. In the past decade, Amway has invested more than $335 million in new manufacturing and R&D facilities across North America.
The Amway Center, the sports arena and entertainment venue in Orlando, Florida, is the namesake of this successful and philanthropic family-owned business.
In a 1979 ruling that stands today, Amway was recognized by the United States Federal Trade Commission as a legitimate direct selling business whose distributors sell quality products to consumers, and one in which no one earns income unless products are sold. This ruling is used by nations around the world as they established regulations for the direct selling industry.
Amway IBOs earn income by recommending and selling high-quality products and building a team to do the same. Amway’s extensive range of personalized, healthy nutrition, beauty and home products help people live more balanced and active lives.
The Amway business model is designed with flexibility in mind. Through their Amway logins, IBOs can access on-demand training and digital tools that empower them to run their businesses wherever and whenever they want.
* Source: Euromonitor International Limited, www.euromonitor.com/amway-claims
Yes, Amway is good. Amway is a great way to earn extra money and empowers people to pursue their best lives. The company makes it easier to launch a business with minimal investment thanks to a low-start up cost and no requirements to purchase inventory.
So it’s not surprising that Amway is the world’s largest direct selling company.* For the past 60 years, this family-owned business has manufactured and distributed nutrition, beauty, personal care and home products now exclusively sold in 100 countries through Amway Independent Business Owners (IBOs).
The company’s more than 350 high-quality nutrition, beauty and home products support health and well-being. Amway holds more than 1,000 global patents and patents pending for products, a natural result of the company’s focus on innovation and rigorous testing processes.
The Amway Promise is another factor that sets Amway apart from other direct selling companies. Amway offers 100% satisfaction guarantee* for both products and the Amway opportunity, along with responsive customer service support. The company’s low-cost business model sets IBOs up to reach their goals.
As one of the most recognizable businesses in the industry, Amway has attracted attention through the years – good and bad. While many IBOs have a positive experience, owning a business may not be right for everyone. In a 1979 ruling that stands today, Amway was recognized by the United States Federal Trade Commission as a legitimate direct selling business.
Amway provides more than 3 million business owners around the world with the opportunity to supplement their income through product sales, to mentor others who share the same passion for Amway™products, and to become part of a business that can balance work with family. And with support, IBOs bring high-quality products and frictionless shopping experiences to their customers.
* Source: Euromonitor International Limited, www.euromonitor.com/amway-claims
* Exclusions and additional fees may apply. For complete details, visit www.amway.com and search Satisfaction Guarantee
Amway offers the opportunity to be in business for yourself, but never by yourself. As an Independent Business Owner, you set your own pace to earn extra income – with Amway's free education courses and the support of fellow business owners. You will have a choice of more than 350 high-quality health, beauty, and home care products to sell and Amway delivers the training to start and build a business. With a low startup cost and a 100% satisfaction guarantee* on all Amway™products, the possibilities are great. There are no purchase requirements, and products are backed with a 180-day satisfaction guarantee. Business Owners review an agreement at registration, which outlines specific terms, policies and protections. Business Owners make money through product sales, either through retail profit or bonuses. Amway is a direct selling company that compensates its Independent Business Owners (“IBOs”) for their own sales and for sales generated by IBOs who are members of a sales team that they support in the business, using a multi-level marketing (MLM) plan structure. Amway is a legitimate direct seller and has offered people a way to earn additional income for more than 60 years. Amway, the #1 direct selling company† in the world, has paid out over $58 billion since opening in 1959.
*Exclusions and additional fees may apply. For complete details, visit www.amway.ca and search Satisfaction Guarantee
† Amway named the world’s #1 direct selling company by Direct Selling News.
Amway is a direct selling business that operates in more than 100 countries and territories around the world. With Amway, the startup costs are low, protected with a 90-Day Money-Back* Guarantee. Amway has no purchase requirements.
In Amway, distributors (Amway Independent Business Owners) make money from the sale of products. In fact, an individual can earn more than the person who sponsored them in the business. There is a written contract between Amway and a Business Owner defining the relationship and providing Rules of Conduct.
Direct selling is a business plan recognized by legal and law enforcement entities. According to the U.S. Direct Selling Association, there were 7.3 million** people selling to nearly 44.6 million customers in 2021, contributing an estimated $42.7 billion in retail sales to the nation’s economy.
For over 60 years, Amway has researched, designed and sold high-quality nutrition, personal care and home consumer products that borrow from the best of nature, use the best of science, and keep pace with the evolving marketplace.
Source: DSA 2022 Growth & Outlook Study; For further information visit https://www.dsa.org/benefits/research
By selecting cancel, the new IBO must complete the rest of the registration process, including payment. You will not be able to return to the payment option.
The new IBO will receive an email with a link to complete the process